Welcome to Sierens Seed Service online!
Sierens Seed Service is an Accredited Seed Dealer and Crop Protection Products retailer in Somerset, Manitoba, Canada. Since 1947 we have strived to give customers the best in seed quality, performance and yield.
In 1998 Sierens Seed Service added a new spectrum to their seed business with a phase three warehouse; expanding their product line and selling a variety of crop protection products along with the Ag Chem retail knowledge you come to expect.
We hope our new web site will help you take full advantage of our program offers news posts and events happening in your area at anytime from anywhere.
"Seed has been our business for over 40 years. It is important to us to provide you with quality seed and information you need in today's business of agriculture."
Things to think about:
2014 Trial Results
Sierens Seed Service
Yield adjusted to 9% moisture
|#||Seed Brand||Hybrid||Seed Treatment||Mois.(%)||Weight
|1||BRETT YOUNG||BY6060||helix vibrance||9.4||1595||2860.74||57.2||11|
|2||BRETT YOUNG||BY6056CR||helix vibrance||10.3||1620||2876.72||57.5||10|
|8||CANTERRA||1990||helix vibrance Lumiderm||7.8||1565.0||2856.51||57.1||12|
|12||DEKALB||74-01||helix vibrance acceleron||6.6||1475.0||2727.28||54.5||15|
|13||DEKALB||74-02||helix vibrance acceleron||7.1||1660.0||3052.91||61.1||2|
|14||DEKALB||73-75RR||helix vibrance acceleron||8.5||1435.0||2599.34||52.0||18|
|15||DEKALB||74-44BL||helix vibrance acceleron||7.9||1625.0||2962.81||59.3||7|
|16||DEKALB||74-54RR||helix vibrance acceleron||6.4||1420.0||2631.20||52.6||17|
|DEKALB||73-75||helix vibrance acceleron||6.7||1420.0||2622.77||52.5||n/a|
Download a PDF with more detailed on the results here.
2014 Trial Results
Sierens Seed Service – 2014 Soybean Trial Results
Notes – Trial Location – Swan Lake Mb.
Plot Length 2228ft x 35ft cut = 1.79 ac.
A special thanks to Albert and George DeVloo.
|Moisture||Yeild – bus./ac.
(All Yeilds adj. to 13% Mois.)
|Northstar Seeds||Moosamin RR2||3848||13.6%||35.61|
|Northstar Seeds||Gladstone RR2||4448||13.8%||41.08|
|Northstar Seeds||Tilston RR2||3862||13.3%||35.85|
|Northstar Seeds||Reston RR2||4148||13%||38.62|
2013 Trial Results
Sierens Seed Service – 2013 Canola Trial Results
- Fertility 120 lb. Nitrogen, 40 lb. Phosphate, 30 lb. Sulphur
- Seeding date June 3 rate 5 lb./acre
- Excellent germination little-to-no flee beetle damage
- Weathermax sprayed morning June 25, Wind E.
- Liberty sprayed evening June 26, Wind W.
- July 12 Entire plot sprayed with Vertisan, early hybrids were at 20-30% bloom, later hybrids were at 5% bloom
- July 20 Entire plot sprayed with Vertisan early hybrids were 50% + bloom, later hybrids were at 20-30% bloom
- Cutting Date – Two different mornings Sept 5 and Sept 11
- Harvest Date – Sept 25th 2013
Notes – The entire trial had near ideal growing condition throughout the season. During cutting I thought all hybrids appeared to have great yield potential.
Thanks to Bruce Murray and his team for helping with planting and harvesting.
2013 Canola Fungicide Trials
Sierens Seed Service Canola Fungicide Trial 2013
- Hybrid – NEX 1012
- Seeding date – May 29 2013
- Area – 165 acres
- Trial Strip Size – full cut 30 ft, all same direction (each strip equal to 2.288 acre)
- Fungicide application date – July 15
- Harvest date – Oct 4
Yield results as follows:
- Lance = 52.45 bus/acre
- Acapella = 54.19 bus/acre
- Acapella = 53.19 bus/acre
- Checkuntreated = 52.01 bus/acre
- Vertisan = 52.88 bus/acre
Notes – Low disease pressure throughout entire field.
2013 Bayer Crop Sciences Trial
Images of Bayer Hybrids growth height at Swan Lake, MB Location:
Photos provided by: Dale Oaks
2013 Soybean Trial
Trial Results for 2013
- Trial Strip Size – full cut 30 ft (JD Flex Header), all same direction (each strip equal to 1.137 acres)
- Harvest date – October 7th (Sierens Seed Service Weigh Wagon)
- Dekalb, 2310 = 47.46 bus./ac.
- Brett-Young, Pekko = 46.93 bus./ac.
- Legend Seeds, LS 002R23 = 49.92 bus./ac.
Thanks to Doug DeBlonde
Crop Protection Products
- Not sure what chem would do the best job on your crop this season, call us today! – 204-744-2883
– Ground to wet to get over with your equipment? Ask us about custom App!
– Tired of handling large amounts of spay jugs? Ask about our totes or our new easy dissolving granular productsmixed right for your field size.